Do you have extra rooms in your home that you don’t use anymore? Maybe an in-law suite that is just for storage or a bonus room above the garage that has its own entrance? Many people in today’s market have turned those empty spaces into added income with AirBnb.
Some homeowners have become empty nesters or life situations have changed in the home and now have the extra space available to create a hotel type atmosphere or an efficiency setting in your home for additional income.
There are many people that come into our area for short periods of time to stay and would prefer a home type setting verses being in a hotel. By creating a cozy private space for you guest with those extra amenities from the home you can generate thousands of dollars for you and your family.
Here in the Capital City, I know numerous people that use their homes for short-term rentals such with AirBnB. Many of them have returning guest because of the atmosphere that they have created in their home.
Tallahassee is well known for Legislative Session that runs for 2 months in early spring of each year. Our football games for FSU and FAMU, concerts, weddings, community events and many other activities that take place in this great city of Tallahassee and the surrounding coastal area create a great opportunity for you to create your own little in-home business and meet great people while you are opening your home to others.
What features of a home create a good layout for an AirBnB home? Here is a list of home features that can identify a home that has income potential as an AirBnB property:
- Two story homes with separate entrance for each floor
- Homes with two master suites
- Homes with mother-in-law suite
- Homes that are designated as multifamily
- Homes with gameroom and/or kitchenette in basement
- Homes with studio apartment above garage
- Homes previously identified as student rental properties
- Homes with unique amenities such as lakefront or beach access
- Homes with converted garages with kitchenette and bathroom
- Homes within one mile of Capitol with separate access to master
- Homes within one mile of Doak Campbell Stadium with separate access to master
- Homes within 1 mile of Civic Center with separate access to master
You will need to check with the local and state laws on Airbnb housing first before you consider venturing into this exciting opportunity. There are tax laws that you need to follow as well as that pertain to renting out space in your home. For more resources, visit Airbnb.com. There you can find helpful information on how to get started including how to create the best Airbnb stay for your guest.
So, if you are one of those people looking for some extra Income and a possible small business opportunity this may be for you.
Through our network of Tallahassee Realtors, we have located several properties that match the criteria for AirBnB properties that have huge income potential. Contact us today for more info.
If you currently own a property that matches one or more of the features listed above, please contact us today as we have motivated buyers interested in properties like yours.