Timing really is everything, and that couldn’t be truer in today’s housing market! Conditions are favorable, but that may not last for long. Now may be the right time to get back into the market and purchase a new home!
Here are 5 reasons why right now is the time to jump on this opportunity and purchase a home:
- Mortgage rates beginning to rise. Comparing Freddie Mac’s Weekly Averages for 2015, rates have been on the rise over the past few weeks. Although, rates for this week, March 19, are still lower than they were at any point in 2014! Now is the time to take advantage of these great rates to purchase a home before things really go up! These rates may not hang around for long.
- Rents and Home prices also on the rise. Rents are rising each year and large metropolitan cities are seeing even more of an increase. Zillow stated homes prices increased 5.4% over the last year alone and are predicted to increase by 1.9% this year. Is your rental contract ending soon and you think you’re ready to buy? Taking advantage of current home prices and interest rates could potentially save you big in the long run!
- FHA has reduced mortgage insurance premiums. As of January 26, Federal Housing Agency (FHA) initiated a .5% reduction in the amount borrowers pay for mortgage insurance premiums on 30 year mortgages. This reduction is expected to save the average FHA-financed homebuyer around $900 a year on their mortgage payments, or approximately $27,000 over the lifetime of the loan. Maybe this is exactly the savings you were looking for to buy a home and now your chance has arrived!
- Its Home Buying Season. Freddie Mac indicated that 40% of all homes sales are expected to occur between now and June. They also predict this to be the best year for home sales since 2007! With the housing market expected to be hot over the next few months, there could be a larger variety of homes for sale to choose from. Now may be the perfect time to find the home you are looking for. And who knows, your dream home could be going up on the market right now!
- One Size Doesn’t Fit All. Is your financial situation unique, maybe you have a few credit blemishes or think saving for a down payment is out of your reach? On Q Financial, Inc. offers an array of loan products, along with, Down Payment Assistance and Local Grant programs*. Let’s find a program that’s the best fit for you and make your dreams of homeownership obtainable!
It is important to choose a lender that you can rely on and trust. The majority of the loans I process are all for people who are making big life changes. That’s why I go the extra mile to guide you through every step of the mortgage process with outstanding customer service. Give me a call if you’d like to take advantage of the wonderful opportunity that the housing market has to offer.
*Restrictions apply – for eligibility and program requirements contact your On Q Financial, Inc. Mortgage Consultant for more details. This material is provided for information and educational purposes only. Although the material is deemed to be accurate and reliable, we do not make any representations as to its accuracy or completeness and as a result there is no guarantee it is without errors, 068i0000001twFP
Kerry Gaby, Sr. Mortgage Consultant/Branch Manager
NMLS # 641778 / FL # LO22820 / GA # 43325
NMLS # 5645
Address: 2015 Centre Pointe Blvd, Suite 105 Tallahassee, FL 32308
Phone: 850.807.0018 Cell: 850.567.4144 Direct Fax: 850.254.9641